Good Morning All,
I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year! It is hard to believe the start of the second semester is just days away, how quickly the year has gone!
I am writing this morning to let everyone know we are implementing a new “entry” procedure in an effort to provide better control and knowledge of who is entering the building and why. The procedure will be a bit more comprehensive than in the past. The first most obvious change you will notice is the new sliding window in the vestibule, after entering the first set of doors. This new sliding window will be the “check in” point where we will ask you to identify yourself and let us know your reason for being at school. The new entry procedure will start promptly at 7:55 am and run throughout the school day. Prior to 7:55 am and after 3:00pm, the current procedures will remain in place.
We appreciate your support of the following changes:
- Upon entry into the vestibule, please be prepared to show your ID.
- If you are here for an appointment, please state your purpose and the name of the person you are meeting.
- The secretary will call to confirm your meeting prior to allowing access to the building.
- Parents will use the sliding window to sign a student in tardy or dismiss a student.
- If you are dropping something off for a son or daughter (backpack, Chromebook), please label the item with your son or daughter’s name and pass the object through the sliding window.
- Please be prepared to show your school ID and state your destination in the building, i.e. you are going Mr. Smith’s chemistry class.
As we work to make our schools more secure, there will be additional changes to the entryway over the summer.
Happy New Year!