Attention Seniors! It is time to submit your Senior Dues. This $35 fee helps to cover your graduation cap and gown and a variety of senior week activities and is due by email@example.com) or Jess Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org).. Students can pay through Send Money to School, by check (payable to Bedford High School), or by cash. Checks and cash should be brought to the BHS School Counseling Office. Questions? Please reach out to the Student Council Advisors, Ali Mattson (
Directions (and visuals) for Send Money to School Payment are below:
1) Parent/ guardian logs into SMTS
2) Select School Store
3) Select Senior Dues ($35)
4) This screen will appear.
What is Vaping?
BeBold, in conjunction with the Bedford Police Department and Dr Joseph Hou, presented What is Vaping in their speaker series. It’s worth watching for all parents: What is Vaping? BeBold Bedford Speaker Series. It’s also available online at the BCTV Website, www.bedfordtv.com, on both the BCTV and Bedford Police YouTube Channels, and running on BCTV Channel 23.
Lost and Found
Parents, Students, and Staff, If you have lost something be sure to check the lost and found!
- If you have lost clothing, coats, bags, books, etc. please look in the bins located by the concession stand in the Gym hall.
- If you have lost smaller items such as a wallet, keys, calculator or phone stop in the main office and we will assist you.
Important Dates and Events:
From the Counseling Department:
The Counseling & Tech Depts collaborate to provide our community with information and activities about social media each month. The Social Media Theme for the month of December is Cyberbullying. In an effort to bring awareness to this issue (which is unfortunately common), we have come up with activities and resources for students, faculty and the community. We hope that these activities get everyone thinking about social media’s role in cyberbullying and how we can all be positive digital citizens. Responding to Cyberbullying: Top Ten Tips for Parents can be a great starting point if you find that your son/daughter is involved in or a witness of cyberbullying.
From the Library:
You AND your student can add THEIR photos to the BHS yearbook by using the Replayit. Access it through the web www.replayit.com or download the app!
Did you know there was a parent only Facebook group? Upload photos and keep up to date with all yearbook information!
Purchasing the BHS yearbook includes:
- a hardcover yearbook
- 200+ pages
- digital access to ALL photos uploaded forever!
- Seniors must submit a Hockmeyer photo for their senior portrait
- Send your senior off with a Senior Recognition Ad! Start building your ad now before you run out of time. Work can be saved to complete at a later date.
From the IB Coordinator:
Juniors have recently begun their Extended Essay journey. The Extended Essay, or EE, is an IB Diploma Core requirement and is a 4000-word research essay in a subject of the student’s choice. Students will work on their EE’s from now until BHS IB Website and click on the EE tab at the top.when the final draft is due. For more information about the EE, check out the
Recently I stumbled upon the following helpful resource: 15 IB Diploma terms parents need to know. The IB Diploma Programme is full of acronyms and esoteric terminology that it can cause quite a bit of confusion. I found the linked blog above to be both comprehensive and concise. Take a look!
For answers to all (or most) of your IB-related questions, check out the BHS IB Website.
From the Deans:
Over 25 art students have submitted work to represent BHS for the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards.
December 15th, is Spanish Movie Night in the theater
FIRST Robotics kicks off their season.
REMINDERS about college visits and not taking the team bus after an athletic event - Instead riding home with a parent/guardian due to a conflict.
COLLEGE VISIT Form
- Athlete completes form and obtains a parent/guardian signature
- Athlete brings completed form (from parent) to their coach for approval
- Athlete brings form to Athletic Department for approval
- Once approved, Athletic Department will retain the copy
- Athlete takes original (signed) form to the College Admissions Office and gets date and signature from college representative during visit
- Athlete returns the original executed form back to Athletic Department immediately upon return from College visit
Important Note - college visits are excused absences from school, but are not excused from sports without the above mentioned protocol completed in advance.
- If athlete rides home with their own parent - Coach signs form
- If athlete rides home with another parent - other than their own:
- Forms from both families are required to be approved by AD
- Once approved (by AD) - Give forms to Coach
Team pictures for most Winter sports are scheduled for Wednesday, December 13. Please see details.
Manchester School of Technology Assembly 12/11/17
Please visit http://mst.mansd.org/ for additional information.
Real World Learning Opportunities
Organization: Bedford High School and New Horizons
Description: Handmade Holiday/Christmas cards are needed to brighten the holidays at New Horizons!
Help us reach our goal of 300 cards by 12/15/17!
Dates: Cards will be collected until 12/15/17 by the Alternative Programming Office in 229 at BHS.
Location: Bedford High School
Organization: Smart Buddies
Description: Peer tutors are needed at McKelvie to work with students with their homework.
Location: McKelvie Intermediate School
For other opportunities, please see the RWL page on the BHS website: https://goo.gl/f12Cp2
From the SAU:
From the PTG:
Last Minute Holiday Shopping? Every time you buy on Amazon, you can support the Bedford PTG. Simply visit AmazonSmile and select “Bedford NH PTG” as the organization that you’d like to support. Now, every time you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate a percentage to the Bedford PTG.
Coming in January…Principal Winter Reading Night, Barnes and Noble Days, and Yankee Candle! Stay tuned for more details.