Monday, October 6, 2014

BHS: News

Dear Parents,  

On Wednesday, we all faced a scary moment when we had to deal with the bomb threat at Bedford High School.  It was not a phone call I wanted to make, and I am sure it was not one you wanted to receive.  I have three things from the day I want to share with everyone.

First, the Bedford Police is working hard to identify who made this threat.  The police want to make sure whomever did this faces the consequences. I can share with you that I have confidence that the threat came from outside our community.  If and when I have more information about the investigation, I will share that with you.
Second, this emergency was a good reminder of how important quick communication is.  To continue to improve that, I will be testing out the phone message system next Friday, October 10.  I will be placing calls to primary phone numbers and emergency phone numbers.  You will be able to confirm that we have the right phone number(s) on file.  I will also be testing email (and possibly text messaging) capabilities.  If we have the wrong information, I will explain how to change it.

Third, during the day on Wednesday, I was reminded of an observation by Mr. Rogers. He said, "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."   On Wednesday, I was struck, over and over again, by the helpers - Bedford policemen, Bedford teachers and administrators, fellow students, and patient parents. Together I think we showed each other that we are here to help each other.    

Thank you for all responding so well.


Sincerely,
Chip McGee


Health Alert - 

The New Hampshire Division of Public Health Services has identified two human case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis ("Triple E")​ in the state this year. They have asked us to remind parents to use prevention measures to avoid mosquito bites by wearing ​protective clothing, using ​insect repellents, and reducing environmental mosquito populations.  For any questions, please contact NH DHHS, DPHS, Bureau of Infectious Disease Control at 603-271-4496 (after hours 1-800-852-3345 ext.5300).

In addition, seven cases of Enterovirus-D68 have been identified in New Hampshire. Infants, children, and teenagers are more likely to become infected with symptoms that can include a runny nose, sore throat, cough, wheezing, rash and fever.  Parents should keep children home when they are sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.