Please don't panic, Summer is still in session!! I hope it has been an enjoyable one for you and your family. It does seem to go by faster and faster each year. There are a few things happening at the high school I wanted you to be aware of in a timely manner. Below I have listed the events happening before the opening of school:
Athletics: The Athletic office will be open from 8am until noon through August 19th.
For complete information about "everything" Fall athletics go to: http://www.sau25.net/bedfordHigh.cfm?subpage=257431
Band Camp: Camp this year will be on Aug. 12 - 16, at school, Mon. - Fri., 9 AM - 3 PM each day.
Class of 2014 - Senior Pictures
You can contact Hockmeyer Studios to set up your senior pictures at Hockymeyer Studios: http://hockstudio.com/
Dates they will be at BHS: 6/27 & 6/28 ~ 8:00am to 2:00pm, 7/31 - 8/07 ~ 8:00 am to 2:00pm
- August 7th-August 20th- Focus on registering new students. For current students, counselors will only change what is required for graduation (i.e. make adjustments for failed Summer School classes, double-check Seniors work towards graduation & athletes meet NCAA reqs., ensure underclassmen have what they need for core courses.)
- August 21st-August 29th- Counselors review individual student schedules for any missing electives.
- August 27th- First day of school!
- Friday, August 30th- The Counseling Office is open only to SENIORS to make course change requests. These meetings will happen in the office, not the library, so that counselors have all materials they need for reference (student folder and credit counts).
- Monday, September 2nd- The Counseling Office will be in the Library to see underclassmen regarding Silver day course change requests.
- Tuesday, September 3rd- The Counseling Office will be in the Library to see underclassmen regarding Red day course change requests.
InfoSnap and Student Schedules (Aug. 7th)
The new online registration system (InfoSnap) will be activated on August 7th. Parent/guardians will be notified via email with instructions on how to access the registration system for their child. The email notification will support a link that contains a secure “snapcode” that connects you directly to their child’s information. Parent/guardians will be required to create an account that will be used for this process. A form must be submitted for each child in your family, thus an email notification will be generated for each child. Once you have successfully submitted one registration, parent/guardians will have the opportunity to begin another from the “Confirmation” page and the option to copy family information and emergency contacts to other children in your family.
The email address that we have on file at BHS will be used for the notification. Please contact the school’s main office if we do not have your most recent email address or if you do not receive the infosnap registration email.
We would appreciate all families to take action and complete the online registration as soon as possible after receiving the email. Your child’s registration will not be complete until the online forms have been submitted. As soon as you complete this process your son or daughter's course schedule for the 13-14 school year will be available.
If you do not have access to the Internet, contact the school and you can make an appointment to use a school computer to complete the process. If you have any further questions, please contact your child’s school office.BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING:
I know as you head out for back-to-school shopping what is "fashionable" is always part of the conversation for shopping decisions. Please keep in mind that we do not permit clothing that is too short, too low, or that represents poor taste. Please take a moment to refer to the Student Handbook (online) on the BHS website.